Owing to the globalization of business, digital marketing in Canada is also growing at an exponential rate. It is expected that this demand and trend will only continue to grow well into the future and that’s something all marketers should be aware of while learning essential digital marketing skills. There has been a significant growth in Canada for digital marketing professionals as well and this is expected to grow due to the great advantages businesses avail of when they implement digital marketing. Digital marketing is now acknowledged as a crucial part of every business, small or established. Although it started with outsourcing work from specialized agencies, almost every company today has an integrated digital marketing team present who manage their campaigns and monitor the growth as well as company sales.
A digital marketing team helps to keep a track of all online activities that boost the presence and create awareness for the brand to make a wider reach in the marketplace. It is so important that more and more organizations hire professionals extensively on the basis of their expertise and education. People with proper training and skills are in high demand in this profession. The salary is also lucrative as the job is challenging and newer skills need to be updated and always incorporated. Most businesses in Canada for digital marketing are based in the bigger cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Richmond, etc. If you are planning to make a career in this field and thinking of enrolling in a digital marketing course, then you are on the right track.
What are the job responsibilities of a digital marketing professional?
The responsibilities in digital marketing depend entirely on the job role or the kind of campaign one is in charge of. However, there are some standard market requirements, and they are:
- Perform competitive research
- Perform business analysis and campaign requirements
- Understanding requirements of clients
- Developing an online marketing strategy as per the objectives of the client
- Create a content strategy in alignment with the digital marketing strategy
- Analyze the online market for evaluation of and identification of digital marketing opportunities
- Develop an SEO strategy for the campaign
- Creating a strong social media presence
- Generating substantial leads for the campaign
- Develop social media content and keep updating them
- Staying up to date with the market trends and demands
Required skills and Certifications in digital marketing
To secure a job in digital marketing, you should have the following pre-requisites or knowledge:
- expertise in Google Ads, SEO, email marketing, social media marketing, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, advertising, marketing,
- A diploma, certification, or post-graduation in digital marketing
- The knowledge of new analytical tools and software
Some certifications that are highly valued by employers in this field are:
- Facebook blueprint certification
- Google Ads certification
- HubSpot Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
Join a digital marketing program today to get all the skills you require to have a successful career in this line of work.